Friday, February 3, 2012

Third week of classes

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. There was nothing crazy interesting to report this past week. Now I have some stuff to tell you though!

Sandie--I did find the Chinese food place. My recommendation...NEVER GO THERE. The rice was good but the chicken...well...I don't even know if it was chicken. It was weirdly soft and just like iffy. I bought sweet and sour chicken. In the sauce was pineapple(normal) and tomatoes! Who does that? At least it wasn't expensive because I could not finish the tomato pineapple soft chicken or other type of meat dish.

It is veryyy cold here. It was very windy on Wednesday, it reminded me of being back at good 'ol Roger. It snowed here yesterday. It was very weird because they never get snow. Not enough to make an Italian snow ball, but it still snowed. In Italy they aren't prepared for this kind of stuff so in my school building all the power went out. Half of my class was cancelled.

On Wednesday for my Story of a City class we walked around Florence and had a Roman Treasure hunt. We walked to many different places and with our groups we had to identify the thing around us that was Ancient Roman. We had to pick our own groups so naturally all the Roger kids went together. The prize was a bottle of wine and we had to split it with our groups so we all went into smaller groups. My group didn't end up winning but we were in second place! We were very close. I can't wait to show my parents all the things I saw. One really interesting thing that wasn't Roman was the flood marker from 1966. It was about 11 feet high!!!!

On Thursday for my Art in Context class, we went to Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore Museum. We got to see some of the sculptures from the first Cathedral in Florence. We saw works by Michelangelo, Donatello and other artists.

This weekend I plan on being a relaxing weekend. I am going to book some trips, relax and then on Sunday is the Superbowl! We are all going to The Red Garder for the game. It starts at around 12:30 AM here I think.

More later
Ciao!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Sara. That chinese food sounds awful. Not exactly from the Maui, ay? The treasure hunt sounds like a fun thing to do. Glad you aren't just sitting in class having lectures. The Superbowl party STARTS (??????) at 12:30 AM. Oh my, that is going to be an all nighter. Maybe a afternoon nap is in order. We love you and miss you so much. Keep having fun and finding things to show us. We will be there in a little over 3 weeks!!!

    LOVE YOU! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I didn't want to say anything in case the Chinese food had gotten better from eons ago when I was there.....but I wanted to say...."DON'T EAT THE CHINESE FOOD!!!!!!!". Stick to the Chianti, bread and EVOO!!!!! Love you! Am JUST leaving for work. Relax with the game this weekend. Hmmmmmmm.......wonder who you will be cheering for???????? <3 U !!!!!! Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie...thank you always being so supportive to me and now Sara! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara
    This is Vicki. I hope you are having a wonderful wonderful time. So glad that you have this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete