Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mucca tripe

So my clothes didn't shrink! They just finished drying though. We only have a washer and not a dryer so we have to hang them on a rack.

Today, I ate cow stomach!!!!!!! In my food culture class he told us we were going to try something and then after we all ate it he would tell us what it was. It actually wasn't bad. The chewiness was weird and the texture but the flavor was actually pretty good. I only had one piece though.

Now to eat something 'normal'.

Ciao!

8 comments:

  1. I think anyone who eats cow's stomach should get an A in the class! Brave girl. :-) ILY (like crazy)!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-HA-HA!!!!!!! My father ate Tripe all of the time when he was a young man! It is actually very tasty! There is also an Italian delicacy made from the lining of a cow's intestines.....I don't know how to spell it, but it sounds like "sufrite"! Your mom is horrified....I am laughing my head off!!!!! Enjoy Sara! What an experience for you!!!!! Love you sweetie!!! <3 ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know what to serve you and Sara for lunch WHENEVER we meet again Sandie!

      Delete
  3. Sara

    Proud of you for trying that entree. The things you will do for school!
    Two weeks gone! A very fast-moving experience!
    If you have the time, could/would you take and post some more pictures? The ones you've shown are tremendous!
    Love ya
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cow stomach nomnomnom. They have four, so there must have been plenty to go around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Sara.............as for knowingly eating tripe? I think N-O-T!!!!! That's for your mom Sara!!!!! How was Chianti? I know I like the wine.............. ; )

    ReplyDelete